Rotate and crop an image
When adding an image to an object file:
- In the Image import window, if the checkbox labelled Make no changes to the image is checked, click it to enable the image processing tools. *
- Click the button labelled Rotation and cropping.
- In the Rotation and cropping window, you can rotate the image by clicking anywhere inside the preview display and dragging it around the centre point.
- The cropping of the image can be adjusted by dragging the small white squares which define the edges of the resulting image.
- The button labelled Reset values to default will reset the rotation angle to zero and the cropping to include the whole image.
- When done, click OK.
* Images in object files are always stored with JPEG compression. When adding an image file which is already in a JPEG format, the default behaviour is to keep the image data intact, preserving the image quality. If any changes are made to the image then it has to be recompressed. Unchecking the Make no changes to the image checkbox enables recompression as per the JPEG quality setting, and enables all the image processing tools. PNG and TIFF files are always recompressed.