Change the description for a remark code
Change the description of a remark code in a single object file
- Open the File menu and select Configure object file.
- Click the Remark code descriptions button.
- Select the remark code.
- Click Edit description.
- Edit the description and click OK.
Note: Some translations of a description will be locked in the following situations:
- The remark code is also used in a previous report. A remark code can only mean one particular thing in a single object file – so it is not possible to change the text for only some of the reports. However, you are allowed to add translations into new languages should you need to.
- The remark code is present in one of the remark codesets included in the object file. It is possible to add new translations in the same way as for situation 1 above. If you really need to change the text for an existing language, first remove the conflicting remark codeset from the object file as described here: Add or remove remark codesets in an object file. But please make sure that you know what you are doing. It is not recommended to use the same remark code for different things in different object files, although it is technically possible.