Print your report
We will now look at making a printout of your report. You can do these steps regardless of whether you have an actual printer available or not.
- With your object file open in the editor (and your report selected in the Report dropdown), open the Report menu.
- Select Print report.
In the Print window you can see what your report will look like when printed. There is a scrollbar below the preview display with which you can scroll through the pages. If you want to make the preview larger, try maximizing the window.
We will now make some changes to the print settings.
- At the top of the first page of the printout you can see the object ID, and below it the report type. We will now remove the report type from the printout.
- Click Content settings, and then switch off Show report type.
- Click Preview to return to the preview display. Notice that the report type is no longer shown on the printout.
- Click Presentation settings, and then change paper orientation from Portrait to Landscape.
- Again return to the preview display. Notice that the paper orientation has changed.
- If you want to try printing your report on actual paper, select your printer in the bottom left corner of the window and click Print.
- When you are done, close the Print window.
Next task: Lock your report