Create a new object file
When you start working with a new object, one that does not have any reports in Dinspector from before, the first step is to create a new object file.
- Start Dinspector.
- Click the New object file button in the organiser.
- When the editor opens it will ask you to enter the object ID. You can type anything here.
- Select a material type from the list and click Use template.
You have now created a new object file. The following steps will save the file to your workspace.
- Open the File menu by clicking the menu symbol in the top left corner of the window.
- Select the Save option from the menu.
- Click Save to workspace.
- A message dialog opens to tell you that the file was saved successfully. Click OK.
- Now close your object file by closing the editor window.
Next task: Add an image to your new object file