Add an image to your new object file
You can of course add images to a report that you are working on, but you can also add images to the object file before you start working on the first report. This allows you to prepare the file for an object ahead of time. Let us do that now.
- If the object file is not already open in the editor, select it in the organiser and click the Open button.
- Open the Report contents menu.
- Select Manage views.
- Click the Add image(s) button.
- Open a JPEG image file.
- In the Image import window, click OK.
The image will now appear in the box labelled Images in this object file. It is now available for use in reports in this object file. You include an image in a report by creating a view from that image. A view is an image with optional marks that appear on its own page on your printed report. Dinspector will also allow you to create views before you start your first report – again so that you can prepare the file ahead of time. The following steps will create a view from your image.
- Make sure that the image is selected. If not, then click on it to select it.
- Click the large button labelled Create view from selected image.
- In the Configure view window, enter a name for the view and click OK.
- The view should now appear in the list labelled Views for this report type. Click OK.
- A new tab has now appeared in the main editor window, with the name that you gave your view. Click the tab to switch from the text sheet to the view.
Next task: Create your first condition report